The Great Tribulation. A time of darkness and deep sorrows. In the Bible, Jesus mentions of the coming of the Son of Man. I recommend reading this article about some of the things He said about His return.
In the book of Revelation: The Book of Prophecy, we know the events that will occur in the near future foretold by John that had visions given by God. After the Church is “caught up” into Heaven (Greek translation for “caught up” being ‘harpozo’ or commonly known as ‘The rapture’) Not long after that, the Tribulation will commence.
So here are the foretold events of the Tribulation:
- Revelation 13:1-10 = There will be a Beast/ Anti-Christ that will deceive MANY
Antichrist/ Beast will sign a covenant/peace treaty for 7 years with the nation of Israel. This is the event that inaugurates the Tribulation period.
- Revelation 13:11-18 = There will be a Second Beast that will try to make EVERYONE worship the First Beast.
MARK OF THE BEAST
- Revelation 13:16 -18 = They will introduce a mark on either forehead or wrist to buy and sell. Do NOT take this mark. Or you WILL be eternally damned. You CANNOT UNDO THIS or gain forgiveness. You are now under the number 666. No going back.
“If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he will also drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength in His anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulphur in the presence of the Holy Angels and in the Presence of the Lamb. The smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever, and they will have no relief day or night, for they have worshiped the beast and his statue and have accepted the mark of his name.” (Revelation 14:10-11)
Without this mark you will no longer be able to buy/sell food etc. This is basically a choice whether you believe your flesh or spirit is more important out of the two.
- Revelation 6:1-2. The Beast will appear, using diplomacy and the PROMISE OF PEACE to establish his one-world government.
- Revelation 6:3-4. A Great WORLD WAR.
- Revelation 6:5-6. Suffering of FAMINE and inflation (the aftermath of war).
- Revelation 6:7-8. 1/3 people and living creatures will DIE.
- Revelation 6:9-11. Since the church will be absent from the tribulation, the 144,000 Apostle-Paul-type believers will make powerful evangelists. An innumerable number of people receive Christ and are martyred by the government leader and harlot which will get their power from the Anti-Christ.
- Revelation 6:12-17. God pours out in the form of a mighty earthquake, the like of which has never been experienced. It is so severe that people call on the rocks to fall on them.
- Revelation 8:1-6. “It is finished”. First quarter of the Tribulation period ends and preparing for an even worse period called the “day of His [God’s] wrath.”
- Revelation 8:7. 1/3 of all trees and green grass being burned up by hail, fire, and blood cast upon the earth.
- Revelation 8:8-9. Sea turns into blood and destroying a 1/3 of the sea and all living creatures in it and 1/3 of the shipping vessels.
- Revelation 8:10-11. A Great Star (or meteor) called Worm wood to fall on the fountains of water and 1/3 of rivers to turn bitter, resulting in the deaths of MILLIONS.
- Revelation 8:12. 1/3 less sun, moonlight, and stars, extending the darkness of night.
Revelation 8:13. A special angel flies around the earth, warning that worse judgments are to come.
- Revelation 9:1-12. Hideous demon-like creatures such as scorpions and locusts out of the bottomless pit. Not able to kill men, they will torture them so badly that humans “will seek death and will not find it.”
- Revelation 9:13. Two hundred million horsemen (demon spirit-like death angels), will kill 1/3 people. This will occur between the fortieth and forty-second month of the first part of the Tribulation, which brings to 50% the population that is destroyed by God BEFORE THE MID POINT of the Tribulation. These individuals have taken the mark of the Beast and are considered incorrigibles. Since estimates of upwards of 1/4 of those living at that time still be saved under the preaching of the 144,000 mentioned in Revelation 7:9, it is possible that 75% of the population (25% by martyrdom) will have been destroyed during the first half of the Tribulation period.
- Revelation 11:15-19, 15:1-8.“It is finished.” The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath.
7 BOWLS OF WRATH
Revelation 16 = God will release 7 bowls of His wrath to those that take the mark of the Beast.
- Harmful/Painful sores
- The Sea turns to blood/Everything in the sea will die
- Rivers/Spring water will turn into Blood
- The Sun will scorch people with fire.
- The Beast’s Kingdom will turn into darkness
- Great river of Euphrates dries up to prepare for Kings of the East. Three demonic spirits will be released from a False Prophet. They will perform signs. Do NOT be deceived by these!!
- “It is finished!” There will be lightening, thunder and a GREAT earthquake like NEVER before.
So, that pretty much sums up the 7 year tribulation period. During that time the church will be absent; those that stayed awake and kept the Lord’s Law will be in Heaven.(If you do not believe in pre-tribulation rapture I strongly recommend watching Perry Stone’s Traditional Jewish Wedding explanation)
During the 7 year tribulation many will give their lives to Jesus and will be saved.
So now that we are still in the gestation period, it’s time for us to shift our focus back to God and put away everything that is dividing ourselves between Him. Lets pray that none of us are here on earth when the tribulation commences.
“But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:36)
But if any of us are here during the tribulation, we must ask Jesus to come into our heart and reject the mark of the beast.
“Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen”
Know that as a child of God, you are longer chained to the enemy but have eternal life.
Jesus is coming soon.
May the Lord be with you wherever you go!
God Bless xx